December 31, 1997 10:00am
Jewish Student Press Service BLOOMINGTON, Ind., Dec. 29 (JTA) — This has not been a good year for fraternities. They were already suffering from a poor reputation as seedbeds for underage drinking and date rape. In the past year, several incidents of hazing — rituals or tests that pledges are required to perform in order…
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.