April 2, 2007 9:00am
Spanish government institute and others are helping fuel a revival in the Spanish-Judeo language of Ladino.
March 28, 2007 9:00am
The Conservative movement’s seminary in Jerusalem announced that it would not change admissions policies to admit gay and lesbian students.
March 28, 2007 9:00am
A British Jewish student who was thought to have committed suicide in Germany may have been beaten to death in an anti-Semitic attack.
October 10, 2006 9:00am
Many people in a Spanish town not far from the capital consider a medieval blood libel incorporated into a local festival to be the literal truth.
September 7, 2006 9:00am
To celebrate European Jewish Heritage Day, kids in Toledo, Spain attended a matzah-baking class — although Passover is half a year away.
August 3, 2006 9:00am
Spain’s prime minister, who recently was photographed in a Palestinian kaffiyeh, has led criticism of Israel that is unusually fierce even by European standards.
July 12, 2006 9:00am
As Spain and Israel mark 20 years of diplomatic relations with Israel, their differences on Mideast policy remain profound.
November 23, 2005 10:00am
Four decades after the Vatican opened the door to contact with Judaism, Madrid’s archbishop set foot in the city’s main synagogue for the first time. His visit comes as the Catholic church in Spain is trying to gain allies in its conflicts with Prime Mini
October 6, 2005 9:00am
A Spanish political party’s appeal for Europe to downgrade its ties with Jerusalem has angered Israel, which anticipated improved diplomatic treatment after the recent Gaza Strip withdrawal.
September 14, 2005 9:00am
A Spanish police unit is searching for one of the most-wanted Nazi war criminals.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- Why ‘Black Panther’ might also be a milestone in black-Jewish relations
- Owner unveils Albert Einstein letter thanking Chicago man for saving Jews
- Bernie Sanders’ son considering run for Congress in New Hampshire
- Jared Kushner can push Israeli-Palestinian talks amid security clearance tensions, chief of staff says
- Ruderman Foundation pulls video criticizing Poland’s Holocaust law