September 26, 2018 4:34pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Diversity and inclusion have become watchwords in our Jewish community, and rightly so. In the past few decades, we have considered how our congregations and institutions can better serve the needs of various populations, among them women, LGBTQ people, Jews of color and interfaith couples. Now, a new survey from the nonprofit…
October 18, 2017 12:01pm
(JTA) — Contemporary Jewish life is graced by extraordinary blessing: We are the heirs of a Torah of compassion and justice that has grown ever more supple and vibrant because of the dynamic nature of halachah (Jewish law) and the opportunity to observe mitzvot (commandments). At the same time, modernity has removed barriers of discrimination…
January 17, 2014 8:00am
Speak out for non-Orthodox rabbis like you did for Rabbi Avi Weiss, writes the executive vice president of the Conservative movement’s Rabbinical Assembly.
March 22, 2010 7:21pm
The executive vice president of the international association of Conservative rabbis says Diaspora Jewry has derived a new axiom: ISRAEL’S FUTURE = SECURITY + RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.
- Muslim man charged with hate crime for attack on Orthodox Jewish man walking to synagogue
- Mussolini’s granddaughter under fire from Italian Jews for threatening tweet
- A German Jewish community’s longtime leader may not be Jewish
- Israel’s Youth Olympic team brings home 3 medals
- Robert Faurisson, a father of the Holocaust denial movement, dies at 89