August 29, 2017 2:57pm
For an alternative view, see Anne Herzberg’s op-ed, “Objections to Israel’s BDS law are overwrought and hypocritical.” MADISON, Wis. (JTA) — In March, the Israeli Knesset passed a law that denies entry to foreigners who support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, or BDS. At the time, the law felt so insidious because it introduced…
September 27, 2015 2:34pm
Rabbi Laurie Zimmerman questions why Jewish institutions encourage critical thinking about ancient Jewish texts — but not the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
March 2, 2011 1:39am
Gov. Scott Walker’s budget legislation threatens the deepest values held by Jews, a Madison rabbi writes, and many Jews and rabbis in the state have joined the fight.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Mandy Patinkin: Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame better than a bar mitzvah
- 500 Icelandic physicians back bill to outlaw circumcision
- The accusations against Benjamin Netanyahu: What you need to know
- Charter schools co-founder Michael Feinberg fired over sexual abuse claim
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Pilot error cause of downed Israeli F-16, Air Force investigation finds
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Thank you for supporting the American Friends of The Sheldon & Miriam Adelson Embassy of the United States in Israel!