September 8, 2012 2:55pm
As Jews confess their sins on Yom Kippur, Rabbi Lawrence A. Hoffman says they should also remember to act nobly.
September 22, 2011 7:20pm
Lawrence Hoffman (Courtesy Jewish Lights Publishing) NEW YORK (JTA) — On his way to converting to Christianity, philosopher Franz Rosenzweig attended Yom Kippur services and was so moved that he decided to remain Jewish. One look at the most famous prayer for the occasion makes it hard to believe that he did not abandon Judaism…
September 1, 2010 4:20pm
Exploring the origins of and interpreting the Un’taneh Tokef, a poem that today is a centerpiece of the High Holy Days liturgy.
- Florida school shooting’s Jewish victims remembered for their kindness
- The Jewish sheriff leading the response to the Florida school shooting quotes the Talmud
WatchMom of Jewish girl killed in Florida shooting begs Trump: ‘Please do something’
- Mike Huckabee says US should follow Israel’s lead to prevent mass shootings. Twitter takes issue.
- Jewish brothers who survived the Florida school shooting learn what they mean to each other
- Amy Schumer weds chef Chris Fischer in private ceremony
- Comedian Jena Friedman: We should treat neo-Nazis the way we treat women
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump in March
- Britain’s Labour Party backs separate labeling for kosher and halal meat
- Rabbi urges friends of Florida shooting victim to ‘honor her legacy’
- White supremacist group: Florida school shooter is associated with us