September 18, 2017 12:22pm
(JTA) — The 2013 Pew survey “A Portrait of Jewish Americans” shows that Orthodox Judaism, while currently attracting the allegiance of only about 10 percent of all American Jews, is the fastest growing sector of the community. The high birthrate and retention rate confirmed by the survey have led some observers to predict that within…
January 9, 2017 1:52pm
(JTA) — Foreign ministers of some 70 nations are expected to meet in Paris on Jan. 15, five days before the American presidential inauguration, for an international conference that is being advertised as dealing with the Middle East. No, this high-level gathering will not address the major crises bedeviling the region such as the incalculably…
December 21, 2015 12:47pm
Two recent events suggest a pattern of Iranian evasion from which much of the world prefers to avert its eyes, a Jewish organizational leader writes.
July 15, 2014 1:27pm
The advance of Sunni extremists in Iraq should not be allowed to distract from the Iranian nuclear issue, writes Lawrence Grossman, the American Jewish Committee’s director of publications.
February 10, 2014 5:47pm
Boycotts of enterprises located in West Bank settlements advance the anti-Israel agenda of the BDS movement, writes the American Jewish Committee’s director of publications.
December 19, 2013 11:39am
Be fair-minded and look behind the hypocritical rhetoric, the American Jewish Committee’s director of publications urges American professors.
July 22, 2013 3:17pm
Poland has banned kosher slaughter on the grounds of animal welfare, but the country continues to permit hunting. Could the disparity be a result of anti-Semitism?
September 10, 2012 8:43pm
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will speak at the opening of the United Nations General Assembly session with enhanced diplomatic credentials that need to be challenged, writes an American Jewish Committee official.
September 26, 2011 3:44pm
A Republican’s victory in a New York congressional district long held by Democrats and a just-released survey by the American Jewish Committee showing a falloff in support for President Obama appears to indicate that overwhelming Jewish allegiance to Democrats could change in 2012, an AJC official writes.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Former Netanyahu confidant agrees to turn state’s evidence in corruption investigation
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’