June 28, 2006 9:00am
A new Jewish community center slated for Moscow’s Choral Synagogue received a boost from a philanthropist known for investing in sports teams and the media.
June 15, 2006 9:00am
A Jewish leader in Belarus sent a letter to Belarusian officials arguing that a local prosecutor illegally forced a Jewish kindergarten teacher to remove Jewish symbols from classrooms.
June 11, 2006 9:00am
The Moscow Choral Synagogue, known as the place where Jewish activists gathered in defiance of the KGB during the Soviet era, recently hosted a packed audience as part of yearlong events commemorating the synagogue’s 100th anniversary.
April 10, 2006 9:00am
Russian Jewish leaders are criticizing a lawmaker’s motion aimed at investigating how one of Russia’s chief rabbis received Russian citizenship.
April 3, 2006 9:00am
A group of Iranian Jewish dancers in Moscow for an arts festival insist that there is a future for Jews in Iran. Yet some of their beliefs reflect the effects of Iranian propaganda against Israel and the Holocaust.
March 27, 2006 10:00am
A Moscow court sentenced Alexander Koptsev to prison for attempted murder in the stabbing of nine people at a synagogue, but refused to treat his crime as an act of anti-Semitism.
March 14, 2006 10:00am
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, a former Soviet collective farm manager, has been tightening the screws on dissent ahead of a presidential vote later this month in his country.
March 3, 2006 10:00am
Tajikistan’s government has begun demolishing the Central Asian nation’s only synagogue, offering in exchange a plot of land far from where most Jewish community members live.
February 15, 2006 10:00am
The president of the Muslim nation of Azerbaijan told a group of American Jewish leaders that his country may upgrade its relations with Israel and open a trade mission there.
February 2, 2006 10:00am
The majority of Russians do not harbor negative feelings toward Jews and the percentage of Russians who disapprove of anti-Semitism has increased since last year, according to a new nationwide poll.
- Florida school shooting’s Jewish victims remembered for their kindness
- The Jewish sheriff leading the response to the Florida school shooting quotes the Talmud
WatchMom of Jewish girl killed in Florida shooting begs Trump: ‘Please do something’
- Mike Huckabee says US should follow Israel’s lead to prevent mass shootings. Twitter takes issue.
- Jewish brothers who survived the Florida school shooting learn what they mean to each other
- DC Comics’ newest writer is poised to make Superman Jewish again
- Police: No connection between Florida school shooter and far-right militia
- Only 6 percent of Washington DC’s booming Jewish community identify as Republican
- Islamic Jihad terror cell planning to assassinate Avigdor Liberman arrested
- Anti-Semitic hate speech incidents at all time high in Austria
- Aunt of Jewish Florida school shooting victim pleads for an end to ‘the sickness that has gripped our country’