December 21, 2012 2:12pm
South Africa’s ruling party, the African National Congress, voted to make boycotts, divestment and sanctions of Israel part of its official policy.
February 13, 2012 4:42pm
A conference in South Africa brought together young Jewish innovators from across the country.
August 29, 2011 3:08pm
Arthur Goldreich, an anti-apartheid struggle activist, was honored posthumously by the South African Jewish Board of Deputies during its national conference in Johannesburg.
August 22, 2011 4:11pm
Young black and Jewish cyclists from South Africa joined for a 400-mile journey to Durban as part of the Cycalive outreach program.
August 3, 2011 3:43pm
Nat Bregman, who was described by anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela as his “first white friend,” died in Johannesburg.
July 24, 2011 4:28pm
Ten years after the notorious Durban conference, an organization planning to put Israel on a show trial in South Africa in November is receiving plenty of attention for what is likely to be a damaging public relations exercise against the Jewish state.
December 13, 2010 12:26am
Several hundred people have signed on to a petition seeking the removal of Richard Goldstone and Desmond Tutu as patrons of two Holocaust centers in South Africa.
November 2, 2010 6:39pm
A Muslim-owned supplier in Johannesburg canceled an order placed by a South African Jewish group with comments about “blood money.”
August 29, 2010 7:10pm
Israel’s envoy to South Africa said the country’s recent bias against Israel is not helping to advance peace in the Mideast.
July 5, 2010 4:49pm
A combined Israeli-Palestinian soccer team is in South Africa to play on the sidelines of the World Cup tournament.
- Rabbi says meat from genetically cloned pig could be eaten by Jews – including with milk
- Colombian Jewish TV news anchor asked to resign after refusing to cross herself on air
- A tour guide uncovers Passover secrets in the Met Museum’s Egyptian wing
- Father of Polish prime minister says Jews gladly moved to ghettos to get away from non-Jews
- How matzah became a household item for non-Jews in the Netherlands
- 5 Haggadahs and other Passover supplements to modernize your seder this year
- Cambridge Analytica reportedly used Israeli companies and former Israeli spies for intelligence gathering
- Polish government backs away from Holocaust-denying remarks by prime minister’s father
- Interfaith activities improve ties between American Jews and Muslims, study says
WatchStephen Colbert worked out with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. He barely kept up.
- National Geographic’s first Jewish editor in chief opens up about racism in the magazine’s past