April 20, 2018 1:43pm
LOS ANGELES (JTA) — 1993 was a dramatic year in the memorialization of the Holocaust. In April, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum opened its doors; 45 million visitors later it is a fixture adjacent to the National Mall in Washington, D.C., not only telling the story of the Holocaust but demonstrating the ongoing significance of…
June 4, 2012 7:17pm
President Obama’s talk of “Polish death camps” and subsequent apology was understandable.
August 26, 2010 7:29pm
lOS ANGELES (JTA) — Reports of a fire at Majdanek that damaged the barracks housing hundreds of thousands of shoes of the Jews murdered in the death camp should cause us to shudder. Something monumental has been lost.
August 19, 2009 10:10pm
Comparing President Obama’s proposals to Hitler and his Nazi tactics is inapt and reveals more about the attackers than the plans, Michael Berenbaum writes.
- Russia claims Israel provided it with ‘misleading’ information in downing of plane over Syria
- Taiwanese protesters angry at hair salon’s swastika logo urinate in front of store
- WeWork opens public office space in sukkah in Jerusalem
- Haredi Orthodox radio station fined for keeping women’s voices off the air
- Tens of thousands of haredim peacefully protest Shabbat train work in Tel Aviv