May 12, 2015 12:43pm
The landmark Vatican document rejected the charge of collective Jewish responsibility killing Christ and inaugurated a half-century of dialogue between the two faiths.
May 30, 2014 10:55am
Jews and Presbyterians should not let divestment activists drive a wedge between the two communities, writes Rabbi Noam E. Marans of the American Jewish Committee.
October 21, 2012 7:21pm
New tactics that ultimately are not about peacemaking but are about demonizing Israel — like the letter from some American Christian leaders to Congress — will not bring the peace that Israelis and Palestinians so much desire, writes the director of interreligious and intergroup relations for the American Jewish Committee.
April 3, 2012 4:28pm
Jews should talk with their liberal Protestant friends about the dangers posed by efforts within their churches to demonize Israel, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
October 24, 2011 6:18pm
Cardinal Kurt Koch, the Vatican’s key representative to Jews, in his first visit to New York has an opportunity together with Jewish leaders to reflect on the state of Catholic-Jewish relations and aspirations for the future , writes the American Jewish Committee’s director of interreligious and intergroup relations.
November 2, 2009 11:35pm
Kristallnacht came early to Munich in 1938, but seven decades later a Jewish community has reinvented itself, with allegiance to the past and promise for the future, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out Soros, Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- Israel appoints first female haredi Orthodox judge