June 5, 2012 3:35pm
South African police are investigating allegations of corruption and aiding Iran against the country’s largest mobile supplier, MTN.
May 24, 2012 3:01pm
The South African Jewish Board of Deputies was “very disappointed” with its meeting with Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies on the labeling of products from the West Bank, a board spokeswoman said.
May 21, 2012 7:16pm
Israel’s Foreign Ministry summoned the South African ambassador to Israel over the publication of a notice announcing a ban on labeling as Israeli products that originate from the West Bank.
May 20, 2012 10:23am
Denmark’s foreign minister said he plans to allow supermarkets to place a special label on goods originating from West Bank settlements.
May 7, 2007 9:00am
How did Nicolas Sarkozy win more support than any right-wing candidate in France since Charles de Gaulle? By cutting right-wing extremist Jean-Marie Le Pen down to size and staunchly fighting anti-Semitism.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Optimistic and celebratory, Jewish groups were quick to offer congratulations to Nicolas Sarkozy after his victory in French presidential elections.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Nicolas Sarkozy, “by far the most pro-Israeli French presidential figure Israel could have hoped for” according to one political analyst, won the runoff election for the presidency.
May 1, 2007 9:00am
Israel’s Independence Day celebration offered a golden opportunity for advisers to French presidential candidates to emphasize their sympathy toward Israel, and no one was going to miss out.
April 30, 2007 9:34am
The Adelson Family Foundation gave $4.5 million to the Shalem Center in Jerusalem to create the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies.
April 30, 2007 9:00am
“Sesame Street” returned to Israeli and Palestinian television after nearly a decade.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Former Netanyahu confidant agrees to turn state’s evidence in corruption investigation
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’