August 28, 2017 1:37pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — French historian Pierre Nora spent his life describing and explaining “places of memory,” sites commemorating significant moments in the history of a community that continue to resonate and transform from generation to generation. For the French Republic, the Arc de Triomphe is one such “place of memory.” Begun by Napoleon and…
October 13, 2015 4:24pm
The newspaper of record has lent its credibility to attempts to discredit Jewish claim to the Holy Land, a Yeshiva University historian writes.
July 20, 2015 11:29am
The recent torching of a church in northern Israel, allegedly by Orthodox vandals intent on ridding the Holy Land of “idolatry,” is a reminder that Judaism is vulnerable to extremist manipulation.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Mandy Patinkin: Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame better than a bar mitzvah
- 500 Icelandic physicians back bill to outlaw circumcision
- The accusations against Benjamin Netanyahu: What you need to know
- Charter schools co-founder Michael Feinberg fired over sexual abuse claim
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Pilot error cause of downed Israeli F-16, Air Force investigation finds
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Thank you for supporting the American Friends of The Sheldon & Miriam Adelson Embassy of the United States in Israel!