August 27, 2013 11:09am
With Rosh Hashanah and Labor Day so close on the calendar this year, it’s the ideal moment to consider the imperative of raising the federal minimum wage, writes the president of the Jewish Labor Committee.
August 26, 2012 7:52pm
On this Labor Day, let us rededicate ourselves to rebuilding the broad solidarity that has always been the foundation for a fair, decent and strong society, writes the president of the Jewish Labor Committee.
August 25, 2008 9:00am
The president of the Jewish Labor Committee makes a pitch for a new law making it easier for workers to unionize.
August 30, 2007 9:00am
The American labor movement opposed the Nazis, supported Soviet Jewry and challenged bigotry against Jews in the United States. This summer it took up the cause of fighting anti-Israel boycotts.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University