September 9, 2009 4:24pm
At least eight clandestine camps in Hungary are regularly providing advanced weapons training to neo-Nazis, according to media investigations.
September 7, 2009 4:06pm
A coalition of anti-fascist public figures called on the Hungarian government to investigate news reports of secret military training courses for neo-Nazis being run in the country.
September 7, 2009 3:50pm
A ceremony marking the 150th anniversary of Eurasia’s largest synagogue paid homage to Budapest’s Jewish community.
September 6, 2009 5:02pm
A crowd of 500 demonstrators, including neo-Nazis and skinheads, rampaged in Budapest’s Jewish district.
August 23, 2009 6:34pm
An induction ceremony for a Hungarian extremist paramilitary organization was broken up by police.
July 29, 2009 4:04pm
Banned by a court in Hungary, the extreme-right Hungarian Guard has resurfaced in neighboring Romania.
July 15, 2009 4:27pm
Hungarians wearing the black-and-white uniform of the banned neo-Nazi Hungarian Guard will be fined under a new government decree.
July 12, 2009 4:36pm
A banned neo-Nazi paramilitary group relaunched itself under a new name at a mass meeting in Budapest.
July 12, 2009 4:01pm
An anti-Semitic attack on a Jewish citizen in Budapest has led to appeals to police for improved vigilance.
July 5, 2009 4:18pm
A mass demonstration by the banned neo-Nazi Hungarian Guard organization degenerated into a battle with police.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Israel successfully tests Arrow-3 missile defense system
- Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg each pledge $500,000 to gun control march by Florida students
- US ambassador to Israel reportedly says evicting settlers ‘could lead to civil war’
- Why ‘Black Panther’ might also be a milestone in black-Jewish relations
- Iranian official: If Israel attacks we will destroy Tel Aviv and kill Netanyahu