October 23, 2017 2:14pm
JERUSALEM (JTA) — The Jewish month that began this week, Cheshvan, has traditionally been dubbed “mar,” or bitter, because it alone among the months is devoid of any holidays. It is time for the Jewish people, and the Jewish calendar, to drop mar from Cheshvan, since it is blessed with one of the most remarkable…
December 1, 2015 4:30pm
As part of the Jewish state’s delegation at the Paris climate conference, I want to wave the flag of the ‘start-up nation.’ But as a Jew, I know Israel is lagging, writes a solar energy activist.
September 16, 2014 5:37pm
In the face of climate change — and in advance of a massive and historic climate march — the High Holidays liturgy is particularly resonant.
December 17, 2013 4:02pm
How can economically strong Israel pitch in for U.S. families paying for Jewish education? A Covenant Award-winning educator counts the ways.
October 31, 2005 10:00am
Jews around the world should join up and participate in the first global Jewish Social Action Month during Cheshvan, which begins this year on Nov. 3 and runs through November.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University