Jerusalem (Jun. 2)
The Arab press publishes the following program of the new Transjordanian Government, which has been approved by Emir Abdullah:
1. To speak and act according to truth and uprightness; to be energetic and persevering in every respect.
2. To make justice prevail amongst all the inhabitants, in the full meaning of the term.
3. To observe strictly economic principles, and to assign functions to persons fit for them.
4. To work for the general interest, to strive to raise the nation to the same rank as civilized people, in accordance with the principles of a gradual change.
5. To prevent absolutely any discord and any action which might be detrimental to our good name.
6. To prohibit any dissension or party formation.
7. To be solid and united with regard to all matters concerning the improvement of conditions.
8. To protect the country from anything that may affect public security.
9. To strive for the maintenance of friendly relations with neighboring countries.
10. To deal with the formation of a representative council, so as to lead the people towards a constitutional regime.
11. The holy religion is before our eyes; the intangible law guides us. His Highness Abdullah, son of Hussein, is our Lord. We shall spare no efforts to serve him faithfully so as to increase his glory, and the glory of the nation; and to attain our final aim which is absolute independence.