Geneva (Jun. 8)
(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
The $49,000,000 invested by Jews in Palestine since October 1917, according to the memorandum of the Zionist Executive, submitted to the Secretary General of the League of Nations, came from the following sources:
Zionist Organization: Restoration Fund, 1917-1921, Â£878,000; Keren Hayesod (Palestine Foundation Fund) 1921-1926, Â£2,166,000; and Jewish National Fund, Â£1,242,000, totalling Â£4,286,000.
Jewish Colonization Association (estimated at Â£150,000 to Â£200,000 a year), Â£1,500,000. Capital introduced by public bodies other than the above and by private companies and individuals (estimated Â£4,000,000), making a grand total of Â£9,786,000.
The figures represent receipts but all but a trifling fraction of the receipts were actually expended in Palestine, the memorandum states.