Saeramento, Cal (Sep. 6)
(Jewish Daily Builetin)
The seventy-dfth anniversary of Congregution B’nai Isral was celebreted here Firday evening. Its house of worship dedicated on September 3rd, 1952 was the first synagogue building west of the Pocky Mountains.
A large audience of members and guests, many of whom had come from other cities, attended the anniversary celebration. The principal addrees was delivered by Rabbi P. Magnin of Temple B’nai Brith of Los Angeles.
Rabbi Montague N. A. Cohen of Temple Beth Israel. Tacoma. Washinton; and Rabbi Mrchael Fried of Temple Shalom. San Francisco, beth former rabbis o the Sacrameto Tertple addressed the gathering as did Pishop William H. Moreland of the Huisonal Church, and Rev. Berkeley Blake. San Francisco leader in the Uninarian Church. and Peter J. Shields indge of the Superior Court. Albert Elkns. president of the congregation made the address of welcome, and Rabbi Harold F. Reinhart. the local rabbi. the concluding address.