Mrs. Rosenwald Gave $50,000 to Art Museum
Menu JTA Search

Mrs. Rosenwald Gave $50,000 to Art Museum

Download PDF for this date

A gift of $50,000, unrestricted as to principal or income, from the late Mrs. Julius Rosenwald, has been announced by the Art Institute of Chicago.

Mrs. Rosenwald had for many years been a consistent friend of the institte, contributing each year since 1912 a sum sufficient to purchase for the public schools of Chicago a painting from the annual exhibition by artists of Chicago and vicinity.

Recently the rare and valuable gift of the Muesham collection of glass, comprising one-half of this German collection, was received by the institute from Mr. and Mrs. Rosenwald, and is now installed in Gunsaulus Hall.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund