Mr. and Mrs. Morris Goldberg of Seagate, Coney Island, have made an additional contribution of $250,000 to the United Israel-Zion Hospital, Brooklyn.
The gift is a memorial to their daughter. Henrietta, who died in 1921 at the age of 9. A previous gift of $50,000 in memory of their daughter made possible the erection of a fourth wing to the hospital. The new contribution is to perpetuate the wing known as the Henrietta S. Goldberg Pavilion.
The contribution was announced at a dinner Saturday night at the Half Moon Hotel in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg, attended by 500, including Borough President Byrne of Brooklyn.
Work has begun on the first of several new buildings to be erected at the Ex-Patients’ Tubercular Home, Denver, Colo. The building is being donated by Charles Robinson, Waco, Texas, as a memorial to his parents and sisters.
Max Bronstine was re-elected president at the last meeting of the association. Harry A. Stern was made vice-president; Morris Binstock, treasurer.