Ten years ago, on October 15, 1924, an entirely new newspaper venture made its debut. As newspaper ventures go, it was a modest affair. Little more than a pamphlet in size, it was named the Jewish Daily Bulletin and offered itself to a limited public as the only medium of Jewish news published entirely in the English language.
Sponsored by a group of public-spirited Jews headed by Jacob Landau, president and managing director of the already world-renowned Jewish Telegraphic Agency the tiny publication took an immediate hold upon its handful of subscribers.
Its concentrated, tablet-type of reports of Jewish news from all over the world filled a long-felt need among leaders in Jewish social, communal, economic and political fields.
Today, that tiny news digest of four pages is celebrating its tenth anniversary of continuous publication in printed form. It is a far different publication that celebrates the natal year than that which first saw the light of day. Where, ten years ago, its circulation was in the few hundreds, all subscriptions, today its circulation is numbered in the thousands and it is circulated all over the world. Formerly mailed to its readers, today a rapidly growing number of readers get their copies of The Bulletin on newsstands in many