Organized in 1934 to facilitate liquidation of Jewish businesses here forced by Nazi measures, the FWI has become one of the most important Jewish agencies in aiding Jewish emigrants to take with them part of their funds.
The FWI, or Society for the Promotion of Economic Interests of the Jewish Residents or Former Residents in Germany, is an entirely private undertaking under the control of central Jewish organization.
It has founded a central clearing house for pooling experiences in regard to sale of Jewish establishments and has been consulted by many businessmen of the Jewish faith anxious to sell their enterprises.
Recently, it branched out to the exchange of businesses and real property, a step made necessary by Government transfer restrictions and the continuing wave of emigration.
Representatives and correspondents of the FWI abroad inform the main office here of opportunities for exchanging businesses and property between purchasers in other lands and emigrants.
A further undertaking of the society is administering property of those Jews who have already departed from the Reich.