London (Sep. 5)
A six-point declaration addressed to the Jews of Palestine and to Zionists throughout the world was issued here today by the Zionist delegates from Poland prior to returning to Warsaw, after attending the World Zionist Conference here. Speaking in behalf of all Zionist groups in Poland, the proclamation said:
1. Zionists in Poland would like to see Palestine established as a Jewish State on foundations of democracy and social progress.
2. Zionist groups in Poland give priority to general national Jewish interests within the Jewish people and the Jews in Palestine.
3. The Zionist movement in Poland advocates mutual tolerance and respect among the various groups in the World Zionist Organization, as well as among the various Jewish parties in Palestine, in order to further unity for the constructive up-building of Palestine.
4. Basic unity is also advocated for the Jews in Poland in order to achieve the maximum Zionist aspirations.
5. The foundations of the Hachsharah movement in Poland are: Hechalutz activities, study of Hebrew culture, training for self-defense in Palestine, respect for Jewish religious feelings in Palestine.
6. The Zionist movement in Poland recognizes the necessity of the Histadruth as the sole Zionist labor organization in Palestine. Religious members may join the Hapoel Hamizrachi, the orthodox laborites affiliated with the Histadruth.
The declaration concludes with a statement that unity in Zionism is the need of the hour. It expresses the hope that the principles guiding the Zionist movement in liberated Poland will also be applied by leaders of the Zionist movement in other countries.