Ottawa (Aug. 25)
The Canadian Government will authorize the admission further groups of European displaced persons as soon as existing quotas are filled, construction Minister Howe told a press conference.
So far, he said, the admission of 10,000 DP’s, exclusive of those brought to canada under the Immigration Department’s “Relative plan” and its “group movement ##,” had been authorized by the government. More than 5,000 of them already are in canada, and the remaining 5,000 are coming to this country in steady numbers. (Only Jewish were included among the recent arrivals. When the second 5,000 quota is exsited, he said, the government will authorize the admission of another group of probably 5,000.)