Edward Warburg Presents Statue to “house of Living Judaism”
Menu JTA Search

Edward Warburg Presents Statue to “house of Living Judaism”

Download PDF for this date

A wood carving by a prize-winning Detroit sculptor, Walter Midener, was formally presented to the Union of American Hebrew Congregations by Edward M.M. Warburg, noted philanthropist, at the “House of Living Judaism-Berg Memorial” here today. Mr. Warburg presented the statue, called “The Sacrifice,” on his behalf and on behalf of his mother, Mrs. Frieda Schiff Warburg, to Dr. Samuel S. Hollender, chairman of the national executive board of the Union, parent body of the nation’s 1940 Reform Jewish temples.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund