HAMBURG (Aug. 21)
Construction of a new, 100-bed clinical building was begun here this week by the old Jewish Hospital, an institution founded in the 18th Century.
At the same time, the hospital’s board of trustees announced the appointment of Dr. Julian Kalitzki as chief physician. A well-known physician here before the Hitler regime, Dr. Kalitzki spent the years between 1933 and 1954 in Palestine and Israel. From the time Dr. Kalitzki left in 1933 until his appointment this week, the chief medical post at the Jewish Hospital has been held by non-Jews.