MIAMI (Dec. 27)
A gift of $250,000, to be used for the expansion of the services rendered by the outpatient department of Mr. Sinai Hospital here, was announced by J. Gerald Lewis, president of the institution. The gift was made by the S. Harvey Greenspan Foundation, directed by Mrs. S. Harvey Greenspan and her daughter, Mrs. Basil Heatter. The late husband and father of the donors financed the establishment of the out-patient department of the hospital, starting with a $250,000 gift in 1946.
The Greenspan Outpatient Pavilion of Mt. Sinai is the second largest clinic of its kind in this country. The number of persons given care and aid at the clinic increased from 17,200 in 1961 to an estimated 21,000 this year.