LONDON (Mar. 27)
The Jewish Blind Society is marking its 150th anniversary this week. The Society, founded in 1819 by a group of London Jews as the “Institution for the Relief of the Indigent Blind of the Jewish Persuasion” grew from modest beginnings to an organization which had an income last year of $531,600. Its expenditures, however, totaled $626,400. The Society maintains residential homes for the blind and offers a wide range of other services, particularly dealing with the needs of blind children. Mrs. James de Rothschild is its president.