JERUSALEM (Oct. 13)
Following is the official text of the “working paper” as read out in the Knesset today by Foreign Minister Moshe Dayan.
“Working paper on suggestions for the resumption of the Geneva peace conference:
1. The Arab parties will be represented by a unified Arab delegation which will include Palestinian Arabs. After the opening session the conference will split into working groups.
2. The working groups for the negotiation and conclusion of peace treaties will be formed as follows: A-Egypt-Israel; B-Jordan-Israel; C-Syria-Israel; D-Lebanon-Israel.
3. The West Bank and Gaza issues will be discussed in a working group to consist of Israel, Jordan, Egypt, and the Palestinian Arabs.
4. The solution of the problem of the Arab refugees and of the Jewish refugees will be discussed in accordance with terms to be agreed upon.
5. The agreed bases for the negotiations at the Geneva peace conference on the Middle East are UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338.
6. All the initial terms of reference of the Geneva peace conference remain in force, except as may be agreed by the parties.”
(*) “All the parties agree that Lebanon may join the conference when it so requests.”