- In an article in the Wall Street Journal adapted from a speech at Commentary magazine’s recent dinner, Joe Lieberman takes aim at Barack Obama and other Democratic leaders. The New York Times returns the favor, using a lead Sunday editorial calls the gentleman from Connecticut a would-be censor.
- Zbigniew Brzezinski, who has shared advice with Obama, sounds off on the pro-Israel lobby. Brzezinski’s daughter, Mika, an MSNBC morning host, says Jewish critics have her Dad all wrong – and, inexplicably, turns to Pat Buchanan for a hecksher. Talk about a lack of Jewance.
- Andrew Silow-Carroll of the New Jersey Jewish News wonders whether any of the candidates has a clue about what to do when it comes to Iran.
- Obama’s videographer – the nice son of a Jewish mother, according to National Journal.
- David Brog, executive director of Christians United for Israel, makes the case for Pastor John Hagee.
- Rabbi David Saperstein, of the Reform movement’s Religious Action Center, issued a statement praising John McCain for rejecting his endorsement from Hagee. Can’t seem to find any evidence of Reform concern regarding Obama’s pastor, Jeremiah Wright. Of course, on the other side of the ideological spectrum, the Zionist Organization of America has put out plenty of criticism of Wright, but not a negative word to say about Hagee’s most controversial statements.
- In the “a little late, but worth it” department: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a congresswoman from South Florida and one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest Jewish backers in the Sunshine State, manages to make attacking President Bush’s Knesset speech a black-Jewish unity thing.
Take action. Take control. Get screened to protect the health of your future family. Request your kit at Jscreen.org!