The latest in Jews-related news from the NYT:
- Global food shortages have placed the Middle East and North Africa in a quandary, as they are forced to choose between growing more crops to feed an expanding population or preserving their already scant supply of water.
- Israel’s outgoing U.N. ambassador, Dan Gillerman, does the Q & A in the Sunday magazine.
- A profile of the woman leading the effort to bring faith to the Democratic Party.
- Simcha Felder one of three Dems fighting for Brooklyn state senate seat.
- The NY Times reports on the ongoing feud between an Orthodox synagogue and a lingerie shop situated side-by-side on the Venice Beach boardwalk.
- The Travel section: You and Tel Aviv, perfect together.
- On the Weddings/Celebrations page: a Jewish gay couple in Los Angeles ties the knot.
- Is the new Botox kosher?