Menu JTA Search

Third suspect identified in Burgas attack on Israeli tour bus

SIGN UP FOR THE JTA DAILY BRIEFING

(JTA) — A third suspect has been identified in the bombing of a tour bus in Burgas that killed five Israelis and their Bulgarian bus driver.

The new suspect announced on Thursday was not named.

The two suspects previously identified in the July 2012 bombing are believed to be in Lebanon. They are Meliad Farah, a 32-year-old Australian also known as Hussein Hussein, and Hassan el-Hajj Hassan, a 25-year-old Canadian. Both are said to be associated with Hezbollah, the Lebanon-based terrorist group; both also hold Lebanese citizenship.

Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov told reporters on Thursday that the discovery of a new suspect will prolong the current investigation, which prosecutors had hoped to conclude by April, according to Reuters.

 

NEXT STORY