We’re on the lookout for a director of revenue operations to show us the money! Seriously, this is an exciting opportunity to lead the way in helping us create an even stronger business model for JTA and MyJewishLearning. No calls. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
See below for full description.
Director of Revenue Operations
Summary of the Role:
We are seeking a hands-on, go-getter to oversee revenue operations and to develop and execute a strategic expansion plan to increase operational revenue. The Director of Revenue Operations will work with the management team to create a comprehensive plan to grow website advertising, email advertising, e-commerce, sponsorships, syndication, and create other revenue-generating opportunities.
Due to an anticipated merger with MyJewishLearning (see below), the Director of Revenue Operations will have the unique opportunity to leverage the assets of two organizations and to push us to think broadly and creatively about revenue generation. The candidate we’re looking will not just accept the status quo, but generate a vision of his or her own.
The Director of Revenue Operations should have extensive digital media experience and deep expertise with online consumer behavior and finding ways to monetize content sites.
The Director of Revenue Operations will be responsible for monetizing the company’s portfolio of products.
Oversee all advertising efforts, including
- Manage relationships with external sales vendors, including contract negotiation, pricing, revenue optimization, and day-to-day approvals of externally sold opportunities.
- Develop concepts to sell to advertisers based on editorial content, sponsored content, new product launches, etc.
- Identify and develop key advertising prospects. Solicit new sponsors for digital opportunities and expand current partnerships.
- Respond to inbound inquiries about digital advertising opportunities.
- Manage the advertising calendar
- Ad Trafficking: Oversee delivery of all purchased advertising through the ad server and email lists.
- Create, distribute, and update media kit on a regular basis and other sales materials.
- Work closely with editorial team to oversee the development of sponsored content, such as gift guides, contests, or product reviews.
- Manage relationships with 70+ syndication partners. Negotiate contracts, understand client needs, and work with editorial team to strengthen syndication offering.
- Maximize revenue from e-commerce efforts. Negotiate current and new affiliate partnerships. Help to ensure promotion of e-commerce relationships and monitor sales.
- Analysis & Reporting: Regularly compile analytics & key insights of revenue generation, and present findings including reports to management, board committees and others.
- Management. Hire and manage revenue operations manager and determine long-term staffing needs to support revenue growth.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture and enjoyment of day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem-solving.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer-facing online advertising and other revenue generation roles.
- Digital advertising sales and/or advertising operations experience strongly preferred.
- Strong business development, negotiations, and relationship management skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Deep understanding of the digital media space and broad understanding of strategies and best practices.
- Experience working with Google Doubleclick and other ad servers required.
- Familiarity with email systems such as Mailchimp a plus.
- Self-starter who enjoys balancing multiple projects and priorities with varying deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to work closely with creative teams and to influence and educate on digital advertising principles.
- Experience working in an editorial organization with daily interaction with editors and enthusiasm for Jewish journalism are plusses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA is a plus.
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with paid vacation, health benefits, pension plan, and federal and Jewish holidays off.
- JTA (Jewish Telegraphic Agency) is the definitive global source of breaking news, investigative reporting, in-depth analysis, opinion and features on current events, cultural happenings, and other issues of interest that define the Jewish experience around the world today. The JTA website attracts about 300,000 unique visitors per month. In addition, JTA reaches millions more through its syndication services to nearly 80 Jewish and Israeli newspapers and websites.
- At the beginning of 2014, JTA announced its intention to merge with MyJewishLearning, Inc. (MJL). MJL properties reach more than 650,000 aggregate unique visitors a month. The organization currently publishes two major websites, MyJewishLearning.com, the most robust and highly trafficked transdenominational Jewish educational website, and Kveller.com, a national Jewish parenting website and vibrant online community.
This position, while being hired by JTA, will begin working on all properties immediately. We are looking for someone who thinks big and is eager work for a growing and rapidly changing organization.