is JTA’s Associate Director of Outreach and Partnerships. Follow him on Twitter: @hypersem
July 29, 2013 11:53am
How my Facebook post helped a historical artifact arrive at a Jewish museum in Philly — and what’s in it for me.
July 18, 2013 2:59pm
Heineken ad campaign almost lures a Birthright Israel trip staffer away from his flock.
July 16, 2013 2:06pm
A friendly Tisha b’Av warning from an anonymous person who doesn’t want you watching movies.
July 11, 2013 11:40am
Why did China propose a Jewish a state in 1928? An error in translation.
July 3, 2013 4:22pm
A hasidic a cappella group struggled while singing the national anthem.
June 10, 2013 11:58am
Old Spice guy Isaiah Mustafa has taken his act to Israel… again.
June 5, 2013 5:39pm
Which chapter of the Old Testament most closely resembles an episode of “Game of Thrones?”
May 30, 2013 5:57pm
The 2013 Spelling Bee was won on the word “knaidel.” A recent history of Jewish words in the bee.
May 30, 2013 12:15pm
The New York Times notes the practice of adding opening pitches as a marketing ploy; but that’s not exactly why FDR pitched twice in 1940.
May 21, 2013 3:04pm
Paterson, N.J., raised some Internet hackles in flying the Palestinian flag above its City Hall — perhaps the first U.S. city to do so — but received no official complaints. For Israel, Philly was first in raising the flag in ’48.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer