is the CEO & Executive Editor of JTA and its parent company, 70 Faces Media.
December 3, 2013 11:20am
Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein recalled the role of his rabbi and Jewish organizations in helping him realize he could succeed despite growing up in a working class neighborhood.
November 6, 2013 10:49am
Sign that your presidency is in danger of losing all credibility: Both the ZOA’s Mort Klein and “The Daily Show’s” Jon Stewart are declaring that you can’t be trusted.
October 21, 2013 12:49am
Like he needs the money.
September 16, 2013 7:38am
Clearly there were budget factors at work in the FJC’s decision to close, but it’s hard not to respect a board that takes stock, votes to close and declares victory with millions in the bank.
September 10, 2013 11:00am
As AIPAC heads to Capitol Hill, Israel worries about being seen as dragging the United States into the Syrian conflict.
September 9, 2013 10:17am
The Reform movement is generally thought of as the least stringent of the three major denominations when it comes to Jewish ritual observances and Sabbath-related prohibitions. But try telling that to Alabama football fans at Temple Emanu-El in Birmingham.
September 4, 2013 10:23am
You can agree or disagree with Jewish groups on Syria, but they are a sideshow. This is Barack Obama and John Kerry’s war. Well, really Assad’s. But you know what I mean.
September 3, 2013 10:53am
My pasts collide as the Philadelphia City Paper taps Forward alum to be editor.
August 29, 2013 11:38am
At a time when Israel is looking for allies in the fight against boycotts, it might help if some pro-Israel right-wing columnists could tell the difference between friend and foe.
August 28, 2013 10:27am
Shortly before the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his historic “I Have a Dream” address, it looked like Rabbi Joachim Prinz had stolen the show with his own speech. If you want insight into why so many American Jews are liberal, take a read (and listen).
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack