is the CEO & Executive Editor of JTA and its parent company, 70 Faces Media.
July 19, 2013 9:47am
An Israeli rhythmic gymnast shows the hoopsters at Camp Ramah in the Poconos how to put the ball in the basket.
July 18, 2013 11:11pm
Shimon Peres has always been a man with big ideas. But this is his best one ever… Get Amar’e Stoudemire to play for the Israeli national team!
July 15, 2013 10:39pm
Sam Norich speaks out.
July 14, 2013 7:19pm
No, not the guy who used to write for JTA from Washington and is now at AIPAC. We mean the former congressman. Here’s the news brief. And check out his I’m-happy-to-be-taking-the-job video statement.
July 14, 2013 7:13pm
Eric Fingerhut, a former U.S. congressman and leader of Ohio’s system of public universities and colleges, has been tapped to serve as the next president and CEO of Hillel.
July 12, 2013 12:07pm
Over at the New York Jewish Week, Gary Rosenblatt reports on the $90 million that the Leona and Harry Helmsley Trust Fund has spent on Israel causes. And we’re not talking dog biscuits.
July 3, 2013 9:51pm
Ken Kramarz, executive director of Camp Tawonga, has issued a statement about the falling tree that killed one staffer and injured four others.
July 3, 2013 10:02am
In mourning Bill Gray, the highest-ranking African American to serve in Congress, it should be remembered that during a racially polarized era he talked the talk and walked the walked on black-Jewish relations.
June 29, 2013 11:18pm
The following message was sent out today by Rabbi Mark Covitz, director of the URJ Goldman Union Camp (Camp GUCI) in Zionsville, Indiana.
June 26, 2013 1:55pm
If you want to know if Congress will pass new legislation to put teeth back into the Voting Rights Act, keep your eye on Eric Cantor.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans