is the CEO & Executive Editor of JTA and its parent company, 70 Faces Media.
August 26, 2013 1:08am
NEW YORK (JTA) — Here’s a list of folks who had plenty of people shepping nachos this past year: Yityish Aynaw became the first black winner of the Miss Israel competition entitling her to compete for the title of Miss World in September in Indonesia. Aynaw, who came with her family from Ethiopia at age…
August 16, 2013 9:50am
Loyal readers, we need your help. We’re looking for reader suggestions regarding two columns: The Lifecyclist and Teen Heroes.
August 16, 2013 7:01am
New York City has reportedly suspended all funding to the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty following the firing of its longtime CEO over alleged financial misdeeds.
August 13, 2013 9:50am
Reports in the New York Daily News and New York Post suggest that William Rapfogel was pocketing money at the expense of the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty.
August 13, 2013 9:04am
In our little world of Jewish journalism, the strategic communications firm Rabinowitz/Dorf is a big deal. Well, it was a big deal.
August 7, 2013 9:34am
The tabloid gods have conspired to thrust Sydney Leathers and Monica Lewinsky together in the headlines this week. But these poli-temptresses could not be more different.
August 5, 2013 10:48am
JTA is seeking an online editor, a feature writer and a Jewish affairs correspondent. Apply now!
July 23, 2013 10:12am
Ryan Braun has accepted a suspension for the rest of the season. But that’s not enough. He should be stripped of “The Hebrew Hammer” title as well. At least until he offers up a real confession.
July 19, 2013 2:33pm
Five kosher certifiers, including the OU and Star-K, are joining together to fight Kosher Marketing Assets (OK Kosher) from scooping up the right to operate and license “dot-kosher.”
July 19, 2013 11:36am
This is too perfect/predictable. Researchers have concluded that the most fought over page in Wikipedia is… Israel.
- Uganda’s Jews are down to one meal a day because of East Africa’s famine
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Jewish Ohio Senate candidate condemns ADL, backs figures on ‘alt-lite’ list
- City Council candidate ‘cares about’ Jews, compares them to Germans who enabled the Nazis
- Four times John McCain went maverick with his Jewish friends
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
SponsoredWhy you might find bacon flavors next time you go to a kosher restaurant
- Why this poster of a Jewish man and a Muslim woman kissing caused a scandal in Europe