June 20, 2013 6:18am
The former head of the Budapest Holocaust Museum has criticized Hungarian authorities for not extraditing accused Nazi war criminal Laszlo Csatary to Slovakia, where he already has been sentenced to death.
May 13, 2013 7:23am
Dr. Peter Feldmajer, president of the Federation of Hungarian Jewish Communities, or Mazsihisz, resigned over criticism that he did not challenge Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s statements on anti-Semitism in the country.
April 18, 2013 10:38am
A Hungarian lawmaker called the Holocaust “part of Hungarian history” during ceremonies marking the country’s Holocaust Remembrance Day.
April 10, 2013 5:14pm
A far-right Hungarian priest said an “anti-Zionist” demonstration will be held in Budapest on the first day of the World Jewish Congress’ General Assembly.
April 8, 2013 7:59pm
Hungary banned an anti-Semitic demonstration planned for the same day as a Holocaust memorial march.
March 6, 2013 9:17pm
An American Jewish organizational leader met with Hungarian political leaders to express concern about growing anti-Semitism in the country.
December 3, 2012 9:47pm
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban condemned a Jobbik lawmaker’s call to create a list of Jewish politicians a day after thousands demonstrated in Budapest to protest the anti-Semitism of the far-right party.
November 27, 2012 12:04pm
A far-right Hungarian lawmaker suggested that members of the Hungarian Parliament who are Jewish or of Jewish origin be counted and registered.
October 24, 2012 10:54am
An Israeli flag was burned in front of a Budapest synagogue reportedly by members of Jobbik, an ultrarightist Hungarian political party.
April 24, 2012 3:44pm
Citing “unique” circumstances, the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office will not release the names of 85 Chasidic men charged with committing child sex abuse, the Jewish Daily Forward reported.
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
- Kushner reportedly encouraged to step aside as FBI investigates Russia contacts
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn