June 29, 2004 9:00am
In a dramatic case that caught Britain´s attention, an Orthodox rabbi accused of slander by an alleged adulterer was vindicated by Britain’s High Court.
January 21, 2004 10:00am
First there was mad cow disease. Now a study warning about carcinogens in farmed Scottish salmon has left some British Jews fearing that they´ll have to give up that staple of the Jewish diet — lox.
January 11, 2004 10:00am
British Jews are speaking out against the man likely to be the next Israeli ambassador in London, claiming his lack of English skills will make him an ineffective advocate for the Jewish state.
January 8, 2004 10:00am
The Limmud Conference, Europe’s largest and perhaps the Jewish world’s most influential educational event, has become synonymous with an inclusive, bottom-up approach to education.
November 9, 2003 10:00am
A campaign to repeal laws that guarantee the right to practice kosher slaughter, or shechitah, has prompted a rare show of unity among Britain´s Jews.
September 7, 2003 9:00am
A squabble over whether a prominent conservative rabbi would be called to read the torah in an Orthodox synagogue is threatening to escalate a rift between Britain´s main synagogue movements.
July 13, 2003 9:00am
Britain´s Orthodox chief rabbi is raising eyebrows in the Jewish community for a newspaper interview he gave in which he supported some curbs on refugees entering Britain. The rabbi, who once welcomed all asylum seekers, answered his critics by sayi
July 2, 2003 9:00am
Tensions over media coverage of the Middle East reached new heights this week with Israel’s decision to boycott the BBC after it re-aired a controversial documentary.
June 18, 2003 9:00am
The only rabbi in Belfast aims to rejuvinate this aging and dwindling Irish Jewish community by energizing his congregants to show up at synagogue and send their kids to Sunday school.
May 15, 2003 9:00am
The adage “you can’t buy love” has been put to the test in a series of allegations that has scandalized London’s Orthodox community, which is abuzz with gossip about the events surrounding a millionaire convert to Judaism, a newly married couple and a $1
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv