June 13, 2010 5:48pm
Only six of 234 xenophoic attacks in Russia last year were against Jews, though anti-Semitism remains a problem in the country, according to a new report.
June 3, 2010 11:37pm
Immigration to Israel is up from Russia, with experts citing the economic downturn as the primary motivator.
May 27, 2010 7:12pm
Eight British volunteers went on a “Mission Impossible,” a program of a British charity, to aid Jewish communities in the Baltics that have been severely affected by the recession.
May 7, 2010 8:40pm
After decades of community-building from the top down, often with the aid of donors from overseas, can Russia’s Jewish communities build themselves from the bottom up?
April 29, 2010 7:52pm
The Jewish community of Ukraine has announced an international architectural contest for a memorial complex in Babi Yar.
April 1, 2010 9:16pm
In Soviet times, the small town of Malakhovka, less than 10 miles from Moscow, was the center of Jewish underground activity. In 2005 its old wooden synagogue was burned down in a fire. Five years later, the shared effort of local authorities and wealthy Moscow Jews have enabled the opening of a new synagogue.
March 16, 2010 11:42pm
Two political parties with anti-Semitic elements fared well in Russian regional elections.
February 24, 2010 2:43am
Exactly how many Jews are there in Russia? Depends on whom you ask and how you count them.
February 23, 2010 12:53am
The victory in Ukraine’s presidential elections by Viktor Yanukovich, the candidate with close ties to the Kremlin, is being welcomed cautiously by Ukraine’s Jews.
February 4, 2010 9:15pm
With Torah lessons for bank executives, online social networking and personal charisma, one Moscow rabbi is trying some unconventional ways to draw Russian professionals and businessmen to Jewish life.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’