June 7, 2012 1:04am
The massive gathering to celebrate the culmination of the 7 1/2-year cycle of page-a-day Talmud study is a manifestation of Jewish unity, writes an Agudath Israel of America leader.
May 12, 2011 7:20pm
An Agudath Israel of America official writes that the new Magen Tzedek certification seal for kosher food products, which purports to champion ethics, really is trying to change the definition of kashrut.
June 21, 2010 9:50pm
Contrary to the way most media have portrayed the story, the issue in Emanuel was the concerns of haredi parents for the tenor of their children’s educations, not discrimination against Sephardic Jews, Rabbi Avi Shafran argues.
February 19, 2010 1:48am
The director of public affairs of Agudath Israel of America argues that liberal activists sometimes provide a misleading picture of the complex issues involving gender and religion in Israel.
July 26, 2009 11:17pm
The actions of recent rioters in Jerusalem evoked disgust in Jews the world over, some of whom will generalize from the rioters’ bad example and bear ill will toward haredim as a group, Agudah’s Rabbi Avi Shafran writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus