April 26, 2005 9:00am
The high-profile trial of former Canadian aboriginal leader David Ahenakew has provided yet another occasion for Canadians’ human rights activists, legal experts, and civil libertarians in Canada to debate the efficacy of criminally prosecuting hateful sp
April 5, 2005 9:00am
Edward Bronfman, a Canadian businessman and philanthropist, one of the Bronfman family, dies at 77.
November 17, 2004 10:00am
United in their abhorrence of anti-Semitic and racist views, Hungarian liberals increasingly are at odds over the issue of hate speech and the wisdom of seeking to eliminate it through strict laws.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal