March 22, 2004 10:00am
Toronto Jews rally after a rash of anti-Semitic incidents, including the desecration of a local synagogue and Jewish cemetery.
March 16, 2004 10:00am
A new report documents a sharp increase in anti-Semitic incidents in Canada, including a steep rise in anti-Jewish activities on college campuses.
December 9, 2003 10:00am
Canadian Jewish groups are calling for greater vigilance against terrorist groups after a Palestinian-born Canadian admits Hamas recruited him to carry out attacks on Jewish and Israeli targets in North America.
October 8, 2003 9:00am
Winnipeg-based media mogul Israel Asper, who died at age 71, is being remembered within the Canadian Jewish community for his philanthropy and outspoken support of Israel.
August 4, 2003 9:00am
An evangelical Christian from Canada faces charges in Lebanon of collaborating with Israel.
July 20, 2003 9:00am
After discovering that they descend from an 18th century Jewish fur trader also known as Michigan´s first Jewish settler, descendants of Ezekiel Solomons held a family reunion to celebrate the American Jewish pioneer.
July 10, 2003 9:00am
Jewish officials hope that newly released census data will give them a more comprehensive picture of the Canadian Jewish community, helping them prepare better for the community’s future needs.
June 23, 2003 9:00am
Reaction among Canadian rabbis to a recent Ontario appeals court ruling in favor of same-sex marriages has been sharply divided along denominational lines.
May 29, 2003 9:00am
After years of wrangling, a leading Canadian Jewish philanthropist has unveiled an ambitious plan to build a major national human rights museum in Winnipeg containing a gallery dedicated to the Holocaust.
May 20, 2003 9:00am
Canada has denied refugee status to a Lebanese man on the grounds that he was an accomplice to alleged Israeli war crimes, including murder and torture, in southern Lebanon. Jewish groups have reacted angrily, and Israel rejects the claims that it or its
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition