February 10, 2016 10:47am
NEW YORK (JTA) — Bernie Sanders is having a month of historic firsts. In New Hampshire on Tuesday night, he handily won the Democratic Party contest, becoming the first Jew to win a presidential primary. In Iowa, he became the first Jewish presidential candidate — the first non-Christian, even — to win delegates in a…
January 12, 2016 5:03pm
A former JTA editor offers an elegy for the magazine that carried the banner of American liberalism for nearly 100 years.
December 11, 2015 4:02pm
Chutzpah has entered the mainstream of American political discourse. But with the Yiddishism becoming popular as a political insult, the word’s nuances may be lost.
July 25, 2014 5:44pm
Sen. Al Franken thinks that anti-Israel divestment campaigns are no laughing matter and offers to fight them on college campuses.
July 18, 2014 1:33am
Hillary Clinton blames Hamas, and her husband concurs, though he also warns Israel of the perils of not making peace.
July 13, 2014 2:09pm
Three young Jews were kidnapped, and their bodies were discovered near an Arab village.
July 8, 2014 7:35pm
In the Israeli city of Holon, rocket fire interrupted a wedding ceremony, sending the bride and groom and their guests running for shelter.
July 3, 2014 3:01pm
In 2010, JTA conducted a video interview with Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, leading light of the Renewal stream of Judaism, who died today at the age of 89.
June 16, 2014 6:43pm
The Zionist Organization of America relates the Obama administration’s approach to the Palestinian unity government to an infamous Nazi pogrom.
June 13, 2014 5:52pm
The United Methodist Church’s pension board clarified that a divestment move claimed as a victory by boycott-Israel activists was actually about the targeted company’s work with prisons in general.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary