February 10, 2016 10:47am
NEW YORK (JTA) — Bernie Sanders is having a month of historic firsts. In New Hampshire on Tuesday night, he handily won the Democratic Party contest, becoming the first Jew to win a presidential primary. In Iowa, he became the first Jewish presidential candidate — the first non-Christian, even — to win delegates in a…
January 12, 2016 5:03pm
A former JTA editor offers an elegy for the magazine that carried the banner of American liberalism for nearly 100 years.
December 11, 2015 4:02pm
Chutzpah has entered the mainstream of American political discourse. But with the Yiddishism becoming popular as a political insult, the word’s nuances may be lost.
July 25, 2014 5:44pm
Sen. Al Franken thinks that anti-Israel divestment campaigns are no laughing matter and offers to fight them on college campuses.
July 18, 2014 1:33am
Hillary Clinton blames Hamas, and her husband concurs, though he also warns Israel of the perils of not making peace.
July 13, 2014 2:09pm
Three young Jews were kidnapped, and their bodies were discovered near an Arab village.
July 8, 2014 7:35pm
In the Israeli city of Holon, rocket fire interrupted a wedding ceremony, sending the bride and groom and their guests running for shelter.
July 3, 2014 3:01pm
In 2010, JTA conducted a video interview with Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, leading light of the Renewal stream of Judaism, who died today at the age of 89.
June 16, 2014 6:43pm
The Zionist Organization of America relates the Obama administration’s approach to the Palestinian unity government to an infamous Nazi pogrom.
June 13, 2014 5:52pm
The United Methodist Church’s pension board clarified that a divestment move claimed as a victory by boycott-Israel activists was actually about the targeted company’s work with prisons in general.
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Israeli soccer official who said he would not sign Arab player resigns
- Liberal Jews picket Paris synagogue hosting Jerusalem chief rabbi
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- Israeli army goes to war against smoking
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes