September 20, 2005 9:00am
Jews who fled Arab countries around the creation of the State of Israel are preparing to launch a new campaign for restitution.
August 23, 2005 9:00am
As part of a pioneering American initiative aimed at forging links between gay and lesbian Jews in America and their Israeli contemporaries, a group recently went on a mission to the Holy Land.
August 16, 2005 9:00am
For visitors to Israel this summer, the disengagement from Gaza and parts of the West Bank is proving hard to ignore. But it hasn’t stopped tourists from all over the world from having a good time.
July 25, 2005 9:00am
Amid tightened security following the latest wave of attempted suicide bombings in London, British Jews are troubled both by the threat of terror and the ambivalent reaction of the United Kingdom’s Muslim leadership.
July 19, 2005 9:00am
An unprecedented collaboration between a British Jewish think tank and London’s Metropolitan Police has produced research that both hope can be used to develop new strategies to combat anti-Semitic crimes.
July 14, 2005 9:00am
A dispute over four Nazi-looted drawings currently in the British Museum is likely to lead to a change in British law to allow art stolen in World War II to be returned to its legal heirs.
July 11, 2005 9:00am
British Jewish leaders have vowed they will work to combat any rise in racial tensions following the London bombings amid fears that the attacks may lead to increased anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.
July 5, 2005 9:00am
Jewish participants in the huge rallies that preceded the G-8 summit hope their presence will highlight the Jewish community’s involvement in wider social issues.
June 16, 2005 9:00am
Shortly after a boycott of Israeli universities by British academics was overturned, a move by the Anglican Church to discuss divestment from Israeli businesses is causing grave concern among the British Jewish community.
May 10, 2005 9:00am
British Prime Minister Tony Blair, serving his last term with a diminished majority, seems to be looking to the Israel-Palestinian conflict as a place to make his historical mark.
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Swedish Jews boycott Holocaust memorial co-organized by nationalist party
- Netanyahu, Trump to hold phone conversation Sunday
- Trump appointees’ statements could signal he won’t scrap Iran deal
- 7 unexpected Birthright trips, from yoga to Instagrammed food
- White House: Trump administration in ‘beginning stages’ of discussing embassy move