September 7, 2010 1:12pm
It is the Israeli Chief Rabbinate thwarting democratic principles by stifling the Reform and Conservative movements in Israel, and the opposition in America to the proposed Israeli conversion bill is heartfelt, write the Reform and Conservative leaders in response to a JTA Op-Ed by the Sephardic chief rabbi of Israel.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- California man sentenced to life in prison for killing Jewish doctor he blamed for botched surgery