is JTA's managing editor. Follow her on Twitter @gabibirkner.
January 22, 2016 10:09am
(JTA) — When Rafi Daugherty went to the hospital for the birth of his first child, he posted a sign on the delivery room door. “I am a single transgender man having my first baby,” it read. “I use he/him/his pronouns and will be called ‘Abba’ (Hebrew for father) by the baby. Papa, Dad, Daddy,…
November 13, 2015 6:56pm
Multiple attacks rocked the French capital on Friday night, killing more than 120 people and injuring 350.
November 10, 2015 6:05pm
At the Jewish Federations of North America’s General Assembly, leaders looked to turn the page on the divisive debate over the Iran deal.
November 3, 2015 5:29pm
This week’s inaugural Ruderman Inclusion Summit focused on making the Jewish community and society at large more welcoming for people with disabilities.
October 20, 2015 1:15pm
Thirty years ago, the Klinghoffers put a face on victims of terror. More recently, they modeled for me what life after loss could be.
October 14, 2015 12:09am
Bernie Sanders gets the applause line of the evening when he refuses to attack Hillary Clinton for her use of private emails.
June 4, 2015 2:43pm
JTA has won three first-place Simon Rockower Awards, which are given out by the American Jewish Press Association.
June 2, 2015 5:22pm
Sharsheret, the nonprofit she founded, provides educational and support services to young Jewish women living with breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
May 31, 2015 10:37pm
Her own cancer diagnosis at age 28 led her to start a national organization for Jewish women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
May 19, 2015 3:08pm
The film draws heavily on the footage taken at the camps by combat and newsreel cameramen in the days and weeks after liberation.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair