is senior editor at 70 Faces Media. She is JTA's former managing editor. Follow her on Twitter @gabibirkner.
August 8, 2016 7:40am
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (JTA) — Back in the 1990s, the Fox series “Beverly Hills, 90210″ tackled eating disorders, gun safety, addiction and AIDS in a tone so earnest that it seems quaint in the era of “Girls” and “Broad City” — shows that eschew the moralizing of TV generations past. In what may be the most famous episode…
January 22, 2016 10:09am
(JTA) — When Rafi Daugherty went to the hospital for the birth of his first child, he posted a sign on the delivery room door. “I am a single transgender man having my first baby,” it read. “I use he/him/his pronouns and will be called ‘Abba’ (Hebrew for father) by the baby. Papa, Dad, Daddy,…
November 13, 2015 6:56pm
Multiple attacks rocked the French capital on Friday night, killing more than 120 people and injuring 350.
November 10, 2015 6:05pm
At the Jewish Federations of North America’s General Assembly, leaders looked to turn the page on the divisive debate over the Iran deal.
November 3, 2015 5:29pm
This week’s inaugural Ruderman Inclusion Summit focused on making the Jewish community and society at large more welcoming for people with disabilities.
October 20, 2015 1:15pm
Thirty years ago, the Klinghoffers put a face on victims of terror. More recently, they modeled for me what life after loss could be.
October 14, 2015 12:09am
Bernie Sanders gets the applause line of the evening when he refuses to attack Hillary Clinton for her use of private emails.
June 4, 2015 2:43pm
JTA has won three first-place Simon Rockower Awards, which are given out by the American Jewish Press Association.
June 2, 2015 5:22pm
Sharsheret, the nonprofit she founded, provides educational and support services to young Jewish women living with breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
May 31, 2015 10:37pm
Her own cancer diagnosis at age 28 led her to start a national organization for Jewish women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- An anti-Trump comics collection edited by the Spiegelman family
- Trump names Jewish billionaire Stephen Schwarzman to head economic advisory team
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
OpinionWhy planting more trees in Israel is a bad idea right now
- Azerbaijan’s embassy to co-host Hanukkah party at Trump’s DC hotel