Gabrielle Birkner is JTA's managing editor. Follow her on Twitter @gabibirkner.
November 13, 2015 6:56pm
Multiple attacks rocked the French capital on Friday night, killing more than 120 people and injuring 350.
November 10, 2015 6:05pm
At the Jewish Federations of North America’s General Assembly, leaders looked to turn the page on the divisive debate over the Iran deal.
November 3, 2015 5:29pm
This week’s inaugural Ruderman Inclusion Summit focused on making the Jewish community and society at large more welcoming for people with disabilities.
October 20, 2015 1:15pm
Thirty years ago, the Klinghoffers put a face on victims of terror. More recently, they modeled for me what life after loss could be.
October 14, 2015 12:09am
Bernie Sanders gets the applause line of the evening when he refuses to attack Hillary Clinton for her use of private emails.
June 4, 2015 2:43pm
JTA has won three first-place Simon Rockower Awards, which are given out by the American Jewish Press Association.
June 2, 2015 5:22pm
Sharsheret, the nonprofit she founded, provides educational and support services to young Jewish women living with breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
May 31, 2015 10:37pm
Her own cancer diagnosis at age 28 led her to start a national organization for Jewish women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
May 19, 2015 3:08pm
The film draws heavily on the footage taken at the camps by combat and newsreel cameramen in the days and weeks after liberation.
April 20, 2015 4:11pm
The notorious propaganda minister left behind 20 years worth of diary entries — from which the offspring of his siblings think they should profit.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- South African mohel banned for life for botching bris
- Ex-Maryland woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Israelis were brutalized, castrated at Munich Olympics, widows reveal
- Why Shelly Silver won’t be sharing a prison cell with Willie Rapfogel
- Report: Paris attacks mastermind planned attack on Jews as well
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament
- King of Spain honors Sephardic Jews in ceremony recognizing citizenship law
- Rio Jews, evangelicals rally for peace in Israel
- Woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Mark Zuckerberg pledges to donate $45B in Facebook shares over lifetime
- Sean Penn, in Tel Aviv, praises Israeli aid group working in Haiti