is senior editor at 70 Faces Media. She is JTA's former managing editor. Follow her on Twitter @gabibirkner.
January 5, 2017 5:06pm
LOS ANGELES (JTA) — Rabbi Marvin Hier has known Charles and Seryl Kushner — Jared Kushner’s parents and Donald Trump’s in-laws — for decades. The Hiers and the Kushners have gone to the same kosher for Passover resort, the Arizona Biltmore, over the years. The Kushner family, prominent real estate developers, have also been generous donors…
August 8, 2016 7:40am
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (JTA) — Back in the 1990s, the Fox series “Beverly Hills, 90210″ tackled eating disorders, gun safety, addiction and AIDS in a tone so earnest that it seems quaint in the era of “Girls” and “Broad City” — shows that eschew the moralizing of TV generations past. In what may be the most famous episode…
January 22, 2016 10:09am
(JTA) — When Rafi Daugherty went to the hospital for the birth of his first child, he posted a sign on the delivery room door. “I am a single transgender man having my first baby,” it read. “I use he/him/his pronouns and will be called ‘Abba’ (Hebrew for father) by the baby. Papa, Dad, Daddy,…
November 13, 2015 6:56pm
Multiple attacks rocked the French capital on Friday night, killing more than 120 people and injuring 350.
November 10, 2015 6:05pm
At the Jewish Federations of North America’s General Assembly, leaders looked to turn the page on the divisive debate over the Iran deal.
November 3, 2015 5:29pm
This week’s inaugural Ruderman Inclusion Summit focused on making the Jewish community and society at large more welcoming for people with disabilities.
October 20, 2015 1:15pm
Thirty years ago, the Klinghoffers put a face on victims of terror. More recently, they modeled for me what life after loss could be.
October 14, 2015 12:09am
Bernie Sanders gets the applause line of the evening when he refuses to attack Hillary Clinton for her use of private emails.
June 4, 2015 2:43pm
JTA has won three first-place Simon Rockower Awards, which are given out by the American Jewish Press Association.
June 2, 2015 5:22pm
Sharsheret, the nonprofit she founded, provides educational and support services to young Jewish women living with breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- Jon Stewart crashes Jimmy Kimmel’s interview with a bar mitzvah boy
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv