April 19, 2012 9:17pm
Governments must be pressed to keep their promises about monitoring hate crimes, writes a consultant in the fields of human rights, international affairs and anti-Semitism.
January 7, 2009 9:16pm
Anti-Semitic incidents in Belgium have surged in the wake of Israel’s operation in the Gaza Strip.
January 1, 2009 1:18am
Belgian demonstrators against Israel’s operation in Gaza vandalized cars and attacked buses.
November 19, 2008 1:01am
The European Parliament waived the parliamentary immunity of a far-right member from Belgium.
April 2, 2006 10:00am
If the American Jewish community has trouble reaching college students, the picture in Europe in bleaker. The way to reach these students: focus on Jewish history, culture and heritage, not promoting finding Jewish life partners.
November 16, 2005 10:00am
Floriane Chinsky is attracting a lot of attention as Belgium´s first female rabbi — but she´s happy for the attention.
September 6, 2005 9:00am
A Jewish school in Belgium has lost government recognition because it refuses to teach the required sexual education curriculum, arguing that it’s incompatible with Jewish beliefs.
August 21, 2005 9:00am
Belgium’s Jewish community is speaking out against a proposed law that could impede the practice of shechitah, the Jewish method of killing animals for meat consumption.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair