October 17, 2005 9:00am
Israel’s Supreme Court will face a turning point next year when Chief Justice Aharon Barak and his deputy retire.
October 6, 2005 9:00am
Israel may be tempted to hurt Hamas militarily and politically, but the terrorist group’s desire to participate in Palestinian elections poses a tough dilemma for the Jewish state.
September 6, 2005 9:00am
Israel is seeing a certain openness from the Muslim world, not just as a result of the Gaza withdrawal but due to deeper regional processes.
August 30, 2005 9:00am
On the surface, the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip offers some Palestinian refugees a golden opportunity to achieve their long-awaited dream of return — but whether they’ll actually come back is unclear.
August 9, 2005 9:00am
Following the attack by a Jewish terrorist on Israeli Arabs in Galilee, Israeli Arab leaders acted responsibly to keep the situation from spiraling out of control.
August 3, 2005 9:00am
Recent Palestinian attacks on Israel have as much to do with Palestinian infighting as they do with Israel’s withdrawal from the Gaza Strip — but they bode ill for the post-withdrawal situation in Gaza.
July 26, 2005 9:00am
A new museum in Israel’s Tefen Industrial Park honors German Jewish immigrants, known as “yekkes,” who made crucial cultural contributions to the State of Israel.
July 13, 2005 9:00am
A new survey contains some surprising insight into the state of Arab-Jewish relations in Israel today — including the idea that Israeli Arabs accept the idea of a Jewish state, but not a Zionist one.
May 31, 2005 9:00am
Mahmoud Abbas may want to enjoy the rather intensive world tour he embarked on following his White House meeting with President Bush, as he faces grave challenges once he returns to Ramallah.
May 24, 2005 9:00am
Scientists and other luminaries at the Petra Conference of Nobel Laureates were asked to advise political leaders on how to save “A World in Danger.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.
- Trump sweeps 5 states, Clinton wins 4