March 8, 2009 4:15pm
Lithuania agreed to pay $41 million over 10 years to the Jewish community to compensate for seized property.
March 8, 2009 4:10pm
The chief rabbi of Kazakhstan asked officials from the Obama administration to repeal the Jackson-Vanik amendment.
March 5, 2009 8:08pm
An advisory group recommended Yuri Kanner, a Russian businessman and philanthropist, to take over as president of the Russian Jewish Congress.
March 5, 2009 8:05pm
A prominent Russian legislator and former presidential candidate introduced legislation to strike down Russia’s hate speech law.
March 4, 2009 8:58pm
A Russian Jewish umbrella group says it is extremely concerned about a textbook on religion that blames Jews for injustices in the wake of Russia’s 1917 revolution.
March 4, 2009 8:52pm
Russia will deliver 50 armored vehicles to the Palestinian Authority, the Russian foreign minister said.
March 4, 2009 4:05am
The deportation of a rabbi from Russia’s far east on a relatively minor visa violation has concerned Russian Jewish leaders and prompted rare open criticism of Russian authorities.
March 3, 2009 12:49am
A new Internet device allows scholars and the public to search an index of the comprehensive archive of the American Soviet Jewry movement.
February 26, 2009 11:02pm
Former Russian oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky is going on trial again and faces more than 20 years in prison.
February 13, 2009 3:22am
Moshe Kantor, the recently re-elected president of the European Jewish Congress, will resign as president of the Russian Jewish Congress because, he says, the problems of European Jewry are more urgent than those of Russian Jewry.
- Gal Gadot’s husband went viral on Instagram because of this T-shirt
- Otto Warmbier, American student detained in North Korea, dies
- Otto Warmbier’s family hid his Jewishness to aid negotiations with North Korea
- Jon Ossoff’s secret weapon in tight Georgia race: Jewish moms and daughters
SponsoredAfter realizing 45-year dream of aliyah, couple is surprised by what they find
Analysis‘Jewish spouses matter,’ says a new study. And the intermarriage debate escalates.
- Ahead of Jared Kushner’s visit, Netanyahu struggles to enact West Bank compromises for peace
- Rep. Jacky Rosen, Nevada Democrat, reportedly eyeing Senate seat
- Immigrant advocate David Lubell awarded $100,000 Charles Bronfman Prize
- Ehud Olmert suffers suspected heart attack in prison
- Airline cannot ask women to move seats for haredi Orthodox men, Israeli judge rules