December 22, 2008 6:06pm
Russia will soon deliver to Iran parts of a missile system that would hinder efforts to launch an airstrike against the country, Iran’s state news agency reported.
December 22, 2008 2:05am
With a helping hand from the West, many of those displaced by the Russia-Georgia conflict have traveled the short distance back to their homes and to some semblance of normalcy.
December 18, 2008 10:58pm
A senior Israeli defense official visited Moscow in an attempt to dissuade Russia from selling missile defense systems to Iran.
December 17, 2008 10:16pm
Despite Tuesday’s tragedy near Eilat, which claimed the lives of 24 Russian tourists, Russian tourism to Israel is expected to continue climbing.
December 17, 2008 2:53am
For four months the World Congress of Russian Jewry has acted alone in its quest to cast Georgia as the aggressor in its August war with Russia.
December 14, 2008 6:23pm
A Jewish umbrella group met in the predominantly Muslim republic of Tatarstan to discuss the autonomy of religious organizations in the Russian state.
December 12, 2008 12:13am
The ORT network of schools in the former Soviet Union is the latest to feel the financial pinch.
December 11, 2008 7:10pm
The Moscow city government will allow two neo-Nazi groups to march.
December 11, 2008 6:42pm
A Russian man was sentenced to prison for posting anti-Semitic slogans on an Internet forum.
December 11, 2008 6:34pm
An American rabbi joined Russian Jewish leaders in paying respects to the head of the Russian Orthodox church.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer